What to Do When Bitten By a Dog
There are a lot of people that would love to have dogs but we should know that there are a lot of dogs that are still not that trained and may bite that is why we should be aware of it so that we can prevent getting bitten by them. There a lot of people that have been careless while they are in the presence of dogs and some would lead to them being bitten that is why it is important that we should know what we need to do about it. Most cases of dog bites are children that is why it is important that their parents should have the proper knowledge on what needs to be done in order to have their children taken care of. Prevention is always better than a cure even in cases of dog bites that is why it is important that we should be able to know what to do. If your dog is still new in your care, make sure that you are able to get its trust first before becoming more comfortable with them so that you would be able to have them easily adjusted to their new life in your care. Adopted dogs may not always give you a good treatment especially if they have been treated poorly that is why you should make sure that you are able to take care of your children when near them until they would get properly adjusted with your home and the people that they are with.
It is normal for puppies to bite especially on their first year that is why you should avoid punishing them for doing so. Teach your children not to tease your dog or to hurt them because dogs would usually defend themselves if they are harmed or are in pain. Having to encounter a strange dog in the streets can be frightening and it is important that you should be able to stay calm and avoid running as it would provoke the dog to chase you. If you or your child may get bitten by a stray dog, it is important that you should contact the authorities and if it is a serious injury, make sure that you are able to call a personal injury lawyer so that you can get some compensation from the owner. Make sure that you should get the proper medication for rabies as it can be dangerous.